Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday [17] - Is the Grass Greener?



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

3:59 by Gretchen McNeil



Publisher: September 17, 2013 by Balzar and Bray
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy

Goodreads Summary

Josie Byrne's life is spiraling out of control. Her parents are divorcing, her boyfriend Nick has grown distant, and her physics teacher has it in for her. When she's betrayed by the two people she trusts most, Josie thinks things can't get worse.

Until she starts having dreams about a girl named Jo. Every night at the same time—3:59 a.m.

Jo's life is everything Josie wants: she's popular, her parents are happily married, and Nick adores her. It all seems real, but they're just dreams, right? Josie thinks so, until she wakes one night to a shadowy image of herself in the bedroom mirror – Jo.

Josie and Jo realize that they are doppelgängers living in parallel universes that overlap every twelve hours at exactly 3:59. Fascinated by Jo's perfect world, Josie jumps at the chance to jump through the portal and switch places for a day.

But Jo’s world is far from perfect. Not only is Nick not Jo's boyfriend, he hates her. Jo's mom is missing, possibly insane. And at night, shadowy creatures feed on human flesh.

By the end of the day, Josie is desperate to return to her own life. But there’s a problem: Jo has sealed the portal, trapping Josie in this dangerous world. Can she figure out a way home before it’s too late?

From master of suspense Gretchen McNeil comes a riveting and deliciously eerie story about the lives we wish we had – and how they just might kill you.


18 comments:

  1. Jessica@a GREAT readMarch 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

    OOh that one looks intense! Nice pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parallel universes, this is a must read for me. Sounds creepy though, shadowy creatures that feed on human flesh? I hope I can sleep tonight. (yes, just by reading that sentence I start imagining things lol) That is really interesting, we sometimes take so much time picturing a better life and we take for granted our only life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so creepy, I really need to check it out (but not read it at night time!)

    Great pick, I'm a new follower :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for 3:59. I love Gretchen McNeil's novels, and I can't wait to read this one. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! My first thought while reading the blurb was "hmm, this sounds eerie", and then I get to the end of the blurb where the story is described as eerie! ;)


    I hadn't heard of this one, actually. But I like the sound of it! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I love it when that happens :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought so too! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that's a great truth to learn in this one - that the grass isn't always greener. It does look very creepy. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The thought of being trapped out of my life is pretty crazy. Is seems like a great read to me :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL I understand that :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oo, now this is new. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Parallel universes have always fascinated me! This particular story adds an element of horror that creeps me out! Sounds like a riveting read!! Thanks for enlarging my TBR pile!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. :D I really appreciate you stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me too :D I'm so glad it looks like something you would like as well. Thank you very much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!