Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday [15] - I wish I had time to read it!



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I will also be including books that I just haven't found the time to get to even though I desperately want to read them!

This week's ALREADY BEEN PUBLISHED "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Magic Burns (Kate Daniels #2) by Ilona Andrews



Publisher: April 2008 by Penguin
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Goodreads Summary

Down in Atlanta, tempers – and temperatures – are about to flare…

As a mercenary who cleans up after magic gone wrong, Kate Daniels has seen her share of occupational hazards. Normally, waves of paranormal energy ebb and flow across Atlanta like a tide. But once every seven years, a flare comes, a time when magic runs rampant. Now Kate’s going to have to deal with problems on a much bigger scale: a divine one.

When Kate sets out to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta’s paramilitary clan of shapeshifters, she quickly realizes much more at stake. During a flare, gods and goddesses can manifest – and battle for power. The stolen maps are only the opening gambit in an epic tug-of-war between two gods hoping for rebirth. And if Kate can’t stop the cataclysmic showdown, the city may not survive…


23 comments:

  1. This cover is a little better than the first one, it might be the background. I'm interested to read about the world where Kate lives, I should read the first one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have so many books waiting for me. I just got Frost Burned from my sister (for Christmas). After I nuzzled my face against the Amazon packaging, I set it aside. The book will have to wait until at least mid-April. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica@a GREAT readMarch 6, 2013 at 4:09 AM

    I couldn't get into this series. I tried a loooon time ago at book 1 but it just wasn't for me I guess. Hope you enjoy this one once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting pick - I've heard about her series, but have never had time to give it a read. Hope it's a good one!

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great choice, as well as a great series! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hells yeah, You know it. I can't wait for you to get deeper into this series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people don't like book one but end up LOVING book two. You should give it a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will HAVE to make time to read this! I love Ilona Andrews and this series in particular! The snarky banter between Kate & Curran is excellent! Plus, you kinda look like Kate on this cover! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a lot of already published but need more time as well. Hope you get to read it soon!

    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is - I like it quite a bit more. I hope you do read the first one - I loved it :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh YAY I can't wait to get my hands on that one either. It's already been featured as a Waiting on Wednesday for me. I love that series. I hope you love it when you finally get to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought it was pretty great...but I can understand when you just can't get into a book. Sometimes I also think it has to do with what you've just read. With how much you love the Hollows it is surprising though...maybe it's like Jennifer said and the second one would suit you better. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you :D I loved the first one. I really appreciate you stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! I really appreciate you stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel like I should be able to work this one in next week...fingers are crossed :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. The only Ilona Andrews I have read so far is the first Kate Daniels. I loved Kate and Curran's banter! That's quite the compliment - thank you :D I just need a Curran now...and that sword...where do I get them??

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel like I have more of those that not-yet-released! Glad I am not the only one :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You'll enjoy it. :) You will. If you enjoyed the first, this one is even better. And each book after that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read the first book, but it sounds interesting. The cover is very intriguing. :) Here is My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  20. YAY! I can't wait :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved the first one. I hope you get the chance to check this series out. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really need to get into this series. I have the first one on my shelf :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was told that the first one was the least best of the series...I gave it five stars but I think other readers enjoyed the 2nd book and on even more. I really hope you enjoy when you get to it :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!