Thursday, March 21, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday [15] - Guilty Pleasures


Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - This week's feature is: Cherie Reads and Author, Shiloh Walker
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: What is your guilty pleasure as far as reading? Is it a genre, or is it a certain type of book?


I love it when the nemesis becomes the close friend later on in the books. Something about the friction and hatred in the beginning and watching the characters get past it to become friends later - and usually better friends is a favorite of mine. I really like this in romantic relationships as well. Reading the ones where they don't really get along at all at first, but then gradually grow to tolerate, to accept, and then to love. Nothing better than reading funny arguments.

31 comments:

  1. I like a good love/hate relationship, too, as long as it's done well. There's nothing worse than cheeseball dialogue, IMO, but if it's done right it can be funny and emotional and really show character progression.


    Thanks for stopping by Cherie Reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that's a great answer! I think that's hard to do well, but when the author pulls it off, it's always way awesome! Happy Friday!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true about the cheesy dialogue! If it's done right definitely :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...it takes a certain kind of story and author to pull it off, but I do enjoy it when done the right way. Thank you so much for stopping by :D Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. Interesting answer - there's not many books like that. You should read The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen.

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that too. I love it when the bad guy has enough layers to give us something to root for and then throw in romance and I'm a goner! Makes me think of your Vlad character you cast in your Sidekick Saturdays. Old follower here. Here's my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read stories like that, they seem to hate each other at first but you can picture them together later on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that causes great tension.

    New follower

    ~Summer

    My
    FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that too. It makes for a fun read. New follower to your awesome blog. You can find me at: http://gwynnethwhite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best part when they start to date! lol

    Old follower.
    My FF - HERE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, overcoming conflict is awesome. Great answer :) I'm an old follower stopping by to wish you a wonderful weekend.

    Here's my FF post for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so love that too. Shatter Me Series does a perfect job of that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica@a GREAT readMarch 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM

    Ooh I love that too honestly! Seeing that the "bad boy" or whoever, if it happens to be a bitchy girl, really does have a softer side! Yeah, I definitely like it more when it's more in the relationship sense, but The Soul Screamers series definitely has that with Kaylee and Sophie!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that is fun dynamic as well! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love when stuff like that happens! That fighting that happens usually makes me laugh! :)

    New follower
    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, I totally agree! :) My first thought was of Rachel and Trent. I like relationships that start out prickly and then turn sweet too. Happy Friday, Jaclyn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great answer! I never thought of it like that :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  18. Will definitely check it out :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely! It reminds us that not everyone is just 'good' or 'bad' just because a character perceives them that way for a time :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Certainly :D It's a nice little twist

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sure does! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Certainly does :D Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. If the dialogue is great there should be a lot of witty banter going on :D I love it. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful! I have a few of those on my shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have Soul Screamers on my to-read list, but haven't gotten to it yet. I love that you mention it has this aspect though :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Friday to you :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Me too :D Those are usually my LOL moments in books. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  29. They are a great example! Love watching that relationship play out. Happy Friday - thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you :D I really appreciate you stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you :D I hope you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!