Monday, March 18, 2013

Teaser Tuesday [14] - The Shrew Can See Reason




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) by Julie Kagawa


Teaser:

Bristling, I was about to tell him what he could do with his reason, when a noise stopped me. A soft noise. One that, for whatever reason, raised the hair on the back of my neck.

Goodreads Summary:

Out here in the Fringes, there is only one rule: Blood calls to blood. She has done the unthinkable: died so she might continue to live. Now Allie, the reluctant teenage vampire who was cast out of Eden, and Zeke, the human boy who loves her, must attempt to save the world from a deadly new strain of plague. In order to do so, they must first hunt down the monster who holds the promise of the cure—and Allie’s beloved mentor—in his sadistic grip…. Joined by Allie’s blood brother, Jackal, this unlikely posse of companions will brave a landscape stalked by raiders, rabids, and rogue vampires. But even if they survive, they’re bound for the Inner city, and a vicious showdown that will test their bonds in ways they never expected. It may just be that becoming undead was the easy part. Confronting the horrors of Allie’s awakening hunger, her growing feelings for Zeke, and the uncertainties of their future is going to be the ultimate challenge.


24 comments:

  1. I want to read this already! I missed a lot this weekend, this has become a full time thing lol. You leave for a couple of days and you feel like you've spent away longer

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Eternity Cure is on my TBR list. I hope you enjoy it!

    Visit my TT post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica@a GREAT readMarch 19, 2013 at 5:49 AM

    Ooh awesome! Read this one already, and yet I cannot remember this part. So I am definitely teased! ;)

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely curious about this author...one I should try. Great teaser.

    Here's

    MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEEE, I can't wait to get to this one. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good teaser! Love the cover!

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh-oh. I wonder what made that soft sound.
    My Teaser is from THE MONDAY NIGHT NEEDLEWORK & MURDER GUILD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds ominous, nice teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tuesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! I can't wait to start this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! What is it? What made the noise? Wow. great teaser!

    I have a teaser up this week too, if you'd like to stop by...

    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tuesday-155.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to read this! I just won a contest from Julie for an ARC of the book and a figurine of Allie. Your teaser makes me even more anxious to receive it :)

    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL well it's good to have you back! I think it's important to take a break every now and then. I hope you get to read this soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it a lot too. I really like The Immortal Rules cover too though and they are so different...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome :D I hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't you love it when that happens? I saw that you had read it. Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I hope you do :D I love Julie. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me either! I look forward to hearing what you think about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. It definitely is a great cover :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very ominous. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah LOL I just used the same word for it :D I agree! Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful! I hope you get to read it soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Of course I will :D Headed over now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sooooo jealous!! I hope you post a picture of your figurine of Allie :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!