Monday, July 8, 2013

June 2013 Reading Challenge Results

2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge



The Paranormal Reading Challenge is hosted by Megan Likes Books and Auntie Spinelli Reads!

Each month, they will be featuring one of the creatures on the list at both Megan Likes Books and Auntie Spinelli Reads.


June - Zombies

World War Z by Max Brooks
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahme-Smith
Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies #1) by Isaac Marion - this one posted on my blog in July, but read and reviewed for this challenge in June

Read details and see my results of previous months here

2013 Sequel Reading Challenge



This is another one hosted by Auntie Spinelli Reads. It is a challenge that includes all books after the first one in a series.

The goal: To read as many sequels as you can. You set your goal at whatever number works for you.

My sequel goal will be 25 for the year~

In June:

Fledge (I Am Just Junco #2) by J.A. Huss

I'm already up to 20 for the year on this one, so I think I have it in the bag.



I have joined the 2013 Book Bingo Reading Challenge and track my progress every three months.

Anne from Creativity’s Corner and Kristilyn from Reading in Winter are hosting 2013 Book Bingo.

This is my scorecard for my progress up to July:


I'm working on the X in the middle and the Square around the edge. I almost have my 'X' - I just need to complete my 'Free Square'. The way we get our free square is someone else who is doing the challenge tells you a book to read for that one, and R.A. Desilets has given me The Darkest Minds to read for my free square.

Reading 1 book from your TBR Pile:
Entanglement by Dan Rix
Reading 1 book released in 2013:
Delusion by Laura L. Sullivan
Re-reading 1 book:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows #2) by Kim Harrison

Reading 2 books from your TBR Pile:
My Summer Vacattion by Terrance Wade by R.A. Desilets
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews
Reading 2 books that are part of a series:
The Invisible Tower (The Otherworld Chronicles #1) by Nils Johnson-Shelton
Seven Swords (Otherworld Chronicles) by Nils Johnson-Shelton
Reading 2 books everyone else has read:
Magic Burns (Kate Daniels #2) by Ilona Andrews
Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels #3) by Ilona Andrews
Re-read 2 books:
Blood Fugue by E.J. Wesley
Witch's Nocturne by E.J. Wesley

Reading 3 books from your TBR Pile:
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa
Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers #2) by Michelle Rowan
Dark Kiss(Nightwatchers #1) by Michelle Rowan

Reading 4 books from your TBR Pile:
Ever After (The Hollows #11) by Kim Harrison
Surrender (The Ferryman + The Flame #1) by Rhiannon Paille
Justice (The Ferryman + The Flame #2) by Rhiannon Paille
Perception by Lee Strauss
Reading 4 books that are part of a series:
Soul Walker (A Touched Girl Novel #1) by Robyn Jones
Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels #4) by Ilona Andrews
Clutch (I Am Just Junco #1) by J.A. Huss
Fledge (I Am Just Junco #2) by J.A. Huss
Reading 4 books that everyone else has read:
The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) by Julie Kagawa
The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey #2) by Julie Kagawa
The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa
The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa

Reading 5 books from your TBR Pile:
The Circle (Book One of the Sidhe) by Cindy Cipriano
World War Z by Max Brooks
Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies #1) by Isaac Marion
A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire #1) by Bella Forrest
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahme-Smith
Reading 5 books released in 2013:
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer
Soul Bender (A Touched Girl Novel #2) by Robyn Jones
A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight #1) by by Lisa M. Basso
Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X #1) by Richelle Mead
The Secret Eater by Ros Jackson
Re-read 5 books:
Obsidian (The Lux Series #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Every Which Way but Dead (The Hollows #3) by Kim Harrison
Onyx (The Lux Series #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows #4) by Kim Harrison
Opal (The Lux Series #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

9 comments:

  1. You always do so well with challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm only doing two reading challenges, the Goodreads challenge and the Summer Reading Program at my public library. You have to read 5 books during the summer and write a little something on each one and then you get prizes! They boys have their own challenges, but they have to read 10 books. John's is already complete, but Will's books are longer.


    Great job, Jaclyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaclyn, once again I'm so very impressed with how well you're doing with your challenges. I'm participating in 3 challenges and I've really only accomplished something for the GR one...and I'm behind on it! Ugh! I hope to catch up starting in August. :) Congrats on doing so well...you should be proud of yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I overshot with my Goodreads Challenge actually - I'm 10 books behind right now. Hopefully I can catch up. I hope your boys are enjoying theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm behind on the Goodreads Challenge as well. I'm hoping I can eventually catch up on that one too. Don't think I will pledge so many books next year. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I think I will be a little less ambitious next year as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Jaclyn! I thought I'd be doing a lot better with the Sequel Challenge, but I think I've ended up starting more series than I've continued, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't blame you at all! Nothing wrong with that. I just can't let my old ones go. I still have some follow-ups that are already out in series that I really want to get to, but haven't yet. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!