Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sidekick Showcase [33] - Cowboy


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

August Themes:
August 2nd - Leather-Clad
August 9th - One-third of a love triangle
August 16th - Not who they say they are
August 23rd - Law Enforcement
August 30th - Living Dead

This week is Cowboy

My choice is Warren
The Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs


Warren is the 3rd in the Tri-Cities Werewolf Pack. Dominant enough to be the 2nd, but with a stigma hanging over his head of being homosexual, he remains humbly in the 3rd rank. He was a straight-up Texan cowboy, and that's the way I always picture him while reading. I love Warren! His movie nights with Mercy and Kyle are always so much fun, and he just has a quiet strength about him that makes him such a fun character to read. He's a true best friend to Mercy, and someone that she counts on to have her back. He has that Southern gentleman charm, and he's not hard to please.

Quotes:


Iron Kissed-
A second floor window opened, and Kyle stuck his head and shoulders out so he could look down at us. “If you two are finished playing Cowboy and Indian out there, some of us would like to get their beauty sleep.”

I looked at Warren. “You heard ‘um Kemo Sabe. Me go to my little wigwam and get ‘um shut-eye.”

“How come you always get to play the Indian?” whined Warren, deadpan.

“Cause she’s the Indian, white boy,” said Kyle.



Iron Kissed-
“A cowboy, a lawyer, and a mechanic watched Queen of the Damned,” I murmured.
Warren—who had once, a long time ago, been a cowboy—snickered and wiggled his bare feet. “It could be the beginning of either a bad joke or a horror story."



Blood Bound-
“Warren made a noise, the first one I'd heard out of him since we'd come into the room. I'd have been happier if he hadn't sounded scared.
"Easy, Warren," Adam told him. "You're safe here.”
"If you die on us, you won't be," said Kyle with a growl that would have done credit to any of the werewolves in the room.




Frost Burned-
“You’re a dead man,” Kyle said. “Warren doesn’t take kindly to people who hurt me.”



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. The first one to post gets to choose Warren! Your drawing is AWESOME! He's the best cowboy. Have you read the Down These Strange Streets anthology? Briggs does a Warren story.I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Jaclyn. Great sidekick pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad to say but I totally forgot about Warren. But I love him and he's a really great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the drawing I havn't read this series yet but got to love a cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warren is a perfect choice, and your drawing is very close to how I imagine him when I'm reading!
    Love it. Have a wonderful weekend Jaclyn. *hugs*
    Lexxie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love Warren too!! He's an excellent choice, Jaclyn. And your drawing is a wonderful rendition of him as well.


    Happy Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this series yet, but I should

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you want to use Warren as well? I know I will have more topics for us to have him :D I also know you have some good cowboys up your sleeve and can't wait to see what you pull out if you're posting today. I have not read that short, didn't even know it existed!! Thank you so much for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's exactly why I do this :D Warren is great. I hope he plays a larger role in the next book. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you seen this? "I can confirm that the new deal is for two Mercy Thompson novels and one book set in Mercy Thompson’s world. The Mercyverse book might be Charles & Anna, might be Sam, might be somebody else. I don’t think Patty has decided yet!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh thank you so much :D I really hope you give this one a shot. It's on my list of fav's for sure! I really appreciate you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cool. I know we all picture characters differently, and he's not really described much. :D I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!! *hugs* back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you :D What happened to your picture? I miss seeing your smiling face there. Have you gone to gravatar.com to make sure that it shows up no matter where you log on? That's way off topic LOL, but thank you for the compliments on my picture and I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know that you enjoy hard-hitting topics, and this is an Urban Fantasy series that does not disappoint on that front. It has child abuse victims, rape, women's rights, gay rights, homeless, and being 'bound' so in essence losing your free will. Not all in one book granted, but Briggs isn't afraid of conquering tough topics, and I think she does a fantastic job at it. I really hope you read the series, I think you would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! It's a good story too! I could use a Sam story or Asil or maybe that San Diego vamp (or San Francisco?) from Frost Burned. What I really want is Bran and not with his current mate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't notice my picture was gone. :) I haven't been to gravatar.com...I don't know what it is. But I'll get myself there. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!