Thursday, July 4, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday [25] - Independence Day


Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by  and Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - This week's feature is: The Attic and The Reading Realm
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Question: Today’s is the US’ Independence Day. Share your favorite book with a war in it, or an overthrow of the government.


I'm choosing a book with a war in it. Generally in paranormal books, I can get disappointed in the lack of real fight after a large build-up of conflict. However, in The Percy Jackson series, I was pleasantly surprised by the last book in the series, The Last Olympian, and how truly epic the war was. There are small battles in each of the books in the series leading up to a wonderful Titan war in the final installment that takes all allies since the threat is so large. If you read and loved Harry Potter, but haven't given this one a try yet, I would really recommend it.




25 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed to say that I never read the last book in the Percy Jackson series. I stopped on book 4 and just never got around to reading the series fanale, even though it's currently only 3 feet behind me on my bookshelf. I should read it....soon.

    Old follower via bloglovin

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read that book. Sounds good though. I don't read many war books either.
    I love the new preferred follow graphics. I might start doing these FF posts again so I can gain blogloin followers and get them away from GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice answer. I should read that series. Happy weekend :)

    bloglovin follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/feature-and-follow-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent read these yet. Happy 4th

    ReplyDelete
  5. Percy Jackson is another series I own, but haven't started reading yet... I need more hours in the day!

    Here's my FF post for this week.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mentioned Percy Jackson too! But The Hunger Games definitely topped my list. :)
    Do drop by my FF. :) Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Percy Jackson ROCKS, Jaclyn!! :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw The Last Olympian again today. I haven't heard it before, but you're tempting me. :)


    Old follower.


    Here is my FF http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2013/07/feature-and-follow-17-books-and-wars.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Hunger Games really had an epic war, but I definitely wanted more people to learn about Percy Jackson and I assumed some people would already let the awesomeness of HG be known :D I think it's pretty great that you mentioned Percy as well though! So glad you enjoy that one. Thank you very much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for stopping by, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to stop by and check that one out, I haven't heard of that one! Thank you very much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, you're missing the best one in the series. I hope you like it when you get the time to read it! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know you don't read many MG books, but this one is really one for all age groups and it's such an excellent story.


    I hope you do get back into the FF. The graphics Parajunkee made really are wonderful, and are helping with the Bloglovin follows. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 4th :D This series is one that all age groups enjoy. Zane and I have both read and love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely have to have more hours in the day! I know I have a TON too many books on my to-read list as well :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you agree!! Have your kids read it too?? Zane loves it as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw that Madiha had it also! So glad that more people are getting it out there, because it's such a great story. I hope you give it a shot. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes, my kids are HUGE Rick Riordan fans. And that's putting it mildly. :) They've been wondering if he'd ever do a book combining Percy/Heroes/Kane...and he's releasing a short story doing just that! (actually, it may already be out. I'm not sure)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've actually never read the Percy Jackson series, though I'm hoping to finally get around to it this summer. Great pick though! I'm a bloglovin' follower. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved Percy Jackson :) Great pick!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Percy Jackson is on my TBR! I've heard many great things about it. Awesome pick! Old Bloglovin' and email follower :)

    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful! I hope you enjoy it when you get to it :D Thank you so much for stopping by and following!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Excellent! Glad you enjoy it as well. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh that's fantastic! I really hope you enjoy it when you get to it someday. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Of course I didn't even think of the Percy Jackson series!! Excellent choice :)


    New Twitter follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!