Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Excerpt of LOST IN STARLIGHT by author Sherry Soule


When Romeo and Juliet Go Intergalactic!

Today author, Sherry Soule has some exciting news to share with us! She just published a brand new novel, LOST IN STARLIGHT (paranormal romance with a Sci-Fi concept). 

To help promote this interstellar love story, Sherry is doing this guest post to share the news with fellow booklovers. 
Enjoy one her favorite character moments!

Hayden’s expression warms. “You’re a fascinating girl, Sloane.”

I flash him a smile. “You have no idea.”

He reaches out and his large hand holds my smaller one for a brief instant. My heart starts bouncing around my ribcage like a ping-pong ball. I lean back. Safety in distance.

“Besides a love of scary movies, hanging in graveyards, and eating cheeseburgers, what do you like to do?” he asks.

“I don’t know…stuff like reading graphic novels or shopping with my friends. And sometimes I like to stay up late and watch zombie flicks while munching on popcorn. The usual.”

“A lot of people are into vampires right now. So why are zombies your favorite?”

Ah, a topic I love chatting about!

“They just are. I mean, sure, vampires are way cooler, but zombies are so much creepier. Bloodsuckers have nothing on flesh eaters when it comes to giving me a good scare. I think it’s because vamps are mythical creatures, and in an apocalyptic scenario, zombies actually seem much more realistic and scientifically possible.”

“You have an apocalypse emergency plan ready?”

 “Oh, yeah. Learned all I need to know by watching The Walking Dead.” I wink at him. “I always kind of figured if there was an actual virus outbreak it would be like a form of rabies. Makes more sense, you know? I have a pack full of stuff in our garage, several bottles of water, some non-perishable food, first aid supplies, duct tape, Army knife, and a blanket. Even mapped out an evacuation route from my house to the woods.”

Hayden shifts and turns toward me. “I’m impressed. You can definitely join my survival team.”

“Ha! You can join mine. The control-freak in me has to be the leader. If you’re cool with that, then we can join forces.”

His lips twitch into a slight smile, his eyes crinkling at the corners. “So, which Walking Dead character would you be?”

“Michonne—duh! That chick is just all kinds of badass samurai.”

He shakes his head, that small smile still gracing his lips. “Do you even know anything about handling swords?”

“Nope. But I’m a quick study.” I twirl my straw. “What about you?”

“Ah, Carl is freakin’ hardcore. But I guess, Daryl, because he’s more of a rebel and survivalist. And that crossbow? Awesome.” 

High school is tough. Romance with a sexy alien—even tougher.

Star reporter Sloane Masterson knows she has one helluva story when she witnesses hottie Hayden Lancaster bending forks with his mind.

Like any good journalist, Sloane sets out to uncover the truth, even if it includes a little stalking. When the superhuman feats start to pile up and the undeniable heat rises between them, Hayden has no choice but to reveal his secret: he’s an alien hybrid.

They’re as different as night and day—she’s a curvy, purple-haired, horror junkie and he’s a smoking hot, antisocial, brainiac—yet the intense fascination between them refuses to go away. Even at Hayden’s insistence that dating each other is “off limits” and dangerous, their fiery attraction threatens to go supernova. 

Now Sloane’s dealing with creepy government agents, über snobby extraterrestrials, and a psycho alien ex-girlfriend out for revenge. After a crash course on the rules of interstellar dating, Sloane must decide if their star-crossed romance is worth risking her own life....

Buy LOST IN STARLIGHT



6 comments:

  1. Awww, I love Sherry. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this scene. The back and forth between Sloane and Hayden is great. I really enjoyed this book. I hope you get to read it sometime, Jaclyn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the excerpt! I can't believe I got hooked on The Walking Dead (since I'm so wussy about zombies), but now I wish I was part of this conversation. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL That's great! Thanks so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!