Friday, September 11, 2015

The Torrent (The New Agenda #4) by Simone Pond


Published: July 7th 2015 by Ktown Waters
Genre: Dystopia, Science Fiction, Young Adult
Format: ebook
Source: provided for honest review
Goodreads Summary

Grace has survived Chief Morray’s attempt to keep her trapped inside the mainframe, but at a terrible cost: leaving her mother behind. Giving up training at the academy in order to wait for Ava’s return. Grace wants to do the right thing, but it’s never that simple. While Ava struggles against Morray in the virtual reality, Grace is left alone in the real world to fight her own battles. There’s a new corrupt authority figure. A regional council to sway. A war to stop. And a promise to keep to a precious young soul. How can Grace save everyone, including herself?


Buy The Torrent (The New Agenda #4) by Simone Pond today at Amazon

“This place feels so real. Even more today than yesterday,” she said. 

“There is no today. There was no yesterday.” “Nothing but this moment, and this moment is nothing.” Morray laughed. “Don’t be so dramatic.”

“It’s hard not to be. I keep missing out on my life, and the common denominator is always you,” she spat.


The Good


So I really enjoy this series. Each book in the series has felt new to me, while each book fits perfectly into the series itself. Ava and her Daughter work really well as mother and daughter. You can feel their connection and yet at the same time see why they argue so much. This time we get a plenty of reasons to still hate Morray while at the same time learn to despise two new individuals. I love how this book shows the way some people will cling to what they know even if it's horrible, while just as many people are will to strive for something better even if it's the unknown.

The Bad


The ending of this one was pretty abrupt. It has an in your face ending with plenty of twist's along the way. But it's like BAM possible end to one problem and that's a wrap. Another thing that bug's me is this is the last book in the series.

The Romance


Can Morray finally get the girl? Will Grace get to raise baby she took with Lucas? Can Ava make it back to Joseph? All this and more are waiting for you in The Torrent.

Conclusion


A little sad to come to the end of a series I truly enjoyed. But at least I got a few answer's I've wanted for a while. I love how Simone wrapped this one up while leaving just enough out there for you to decide what's next. I'll miss the wonderful characters except when I have the chance to refer this series to friends and fellow sci-fi fans.



Excerpts

“Until you face them, the demons will keep chasing you.” 
“But what if I can’t stop them?” 
Adyar kissed her cheek and peered at her with wise old eyes. “The only thing stopping Grace is Grace.”

“Please, Ruth. I only took him because I didn’t want Faraday to put him in that soldier program. He deserves a choice. Don’t you think? I’m not ready to face the council yet. I need a little time to build my case.” 
“You’ve had plenty of time.” Ruth sneered. 
Blythe stepped up. “Easy there, Nurse Lady. You both want the same thing: To protect the kid from that jerk-bag Faraday. Right?” Grace and Ruth looked at each other and nodded.

“You’d be nothing if it weren’t for me.”
“That’s not going to work either. You can try to take credit for my existence to give yourself the upper hand, but there was something before you. Before everything. You’re just a fleck in the larger spectrum.” 
“So you’re planning on leaving me in here?” 
“I’m not sure what will happen to you. I do know that I have a body out there waiting. A family and friends. You don’t have anything.”

Buy The Torrent (The New Agenda #4) by Simone Pond today at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!