Thursday, November 6, 2014

Harry Potter Moment of the Week [39]


This is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts.The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! She is picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All she asks is to link back to her blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.

     Best Luna Moment



My favorite Luna moment wasn't even in the movies. Oddly enough, she wasn't even there. 

Luna's Best Moment for me:

When the trio visited Luna's house in Deathly Hallows. They walked up to her bedroom, and Harry saw hand painted drawings of himself, Hermione, Ron, Neville, and Ginny with the word 'friends' in a gold chain linking all the pictures.

We learn so much when we see a person's private space. She cherished their friendship and it was brought to life with this picture she had hanging on her ceiling where she would see it when drifting off to sleep or lying there day dreaming.

Luna is my absolute favorite character in the story. She's not afraid to be herself, so quirky, and so positive about everything. She's quick to make me laugh with one little line of dialogue ("Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? Should I do mine, too?") She's the absolute stand-out in the story with her odd nature, brilliant mind, deeply caring attitude, and brave demeanor. 

What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. Awwww, that's adorkable! Wish it was in the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked a moment that wasn't in the films either! What's up with that? I agree with you 100% though, and I thought of the moment you chose too. How she values friendship above all other things, to the point where she created and exquisite work of art in her bedroom dedicated to her friends...ah! it just makes me want to cry :*) She is definitely a standout character in the series, how could you NOT love her ♥ GREAT pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Luna. Your HP posts make me want to re read the books for the 10th time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, that was nice to remember, Jaclyn. Sky's favorite character is Luna, too. You're right - we do learn so much about someone when we can see their personal space. And I love that Luna embraced who she was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do too! It wouldn't have been hard to add it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right! It's impossible not to love her. I just love this moment. She's an incredible friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this series! I have read it over and over so many times :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. She really did. She was not afraid or ashamed of herself at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That scene was so sweet, and I loved that she had become part of such a close-knit group of friends who loved her just as she was. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!