Saturday, October 25, 2014

JC's Bulletin of the Week [5]


Welcome to my weekly Bulletin. This is a place where you will find what's going on at JC's Book Haven lately, what I've found around the blogger world, Book News, and any books that are releasing in the next week.


Well, Zane's science fair project has left him with one flower alive, and that's the one with sugar added in the vase. We have to do it a second time to make sure that he gets the same results.

We are also working on finishing touches for his Halloween costume.

The last two weeks on the blog:

Sunday Cover Scramble
Matt did a review and excerpt of Bad Blood by Nicky Peacock
Harry Potter Moment of the Week - Where would you live as a witch or wizard (with muggles, magical community, etc)?
Melody reviewed The Best Horror of the Year, Volume 6 edited by Ellen Datlow
Sunday Cover Scramble
Matt did an ARC review of The Accidental Apprentice (Accidental Magik #1) by Anika Arrington
Harry Potter Moment of the Week - If you could change anything about Harry Potter, what would it be?
Heena reviewed Girl Nevermore by R.A. Desilets



Crystal Collier does a cute post about 5 Snacks While Reading

Beth Ellyn Summer tells us the 5 Higher Pressured Things Than a 2nd MS. It's great and so true!

Dave's Corner of the Universe gives us 5 Modern Monsters



Kim Harrison has a short-story scheduled to be released on 10/28 called Sudden Backtrack. Al gets the final word. Only read after Witch With No Name.

The Morganville Series is debuting season 1 on October 27th - Join us for the entire first season of MORGANVILLE at the Geek & Sundry channel on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/geekandsundry

The Mortal Instruments Series is making a return to screen, but it will be the small screen. It is being re-launched as a high end drama series. 


13 comments:

  1. yay! honored you mentioned me! <3 ooh great stuff coming this week! good for me, not good for my wallet, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it leads to youtube for morganville ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the science fair project. And i can't wait to see Zane's costume. :) Thanks for sharing all the news - particularly the news on Kim Harrison. Hey, did you read Rachel Vincent's Shifters series? Apparently there's a spinoff. But I'd you didn't read it, nevermind. :)

    Hope you had a nice weekend. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morganville is going to be a web series. I'm pretty sure the link goes to the YouTube channel that it will be premiering on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of awesome stuff! I feel ya on the wallet not being happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! I see what you are saying. I thought you were asking about Morganville itself. I've fixed the link to VA - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mipcom-mortal-instruments-return-as-740204 - Thank you for letting me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not to be a pain in the neck but that is talking about Mortal Instruments, which will be good to see if they do it right

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I remember science the year I did crystals as it was a project I could do at home and watch and do. :) Hope he's enjoying it.


    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You couldn't be a pain in the neck if you tried! I'll have to search some more and get the link again. Why can't I get this right??? Way too much going on right now! I still haven't gotten Zane's Halloween costume done and it's in TWO DAYS!. I'll let you know as soon as I have this corrected.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!