This is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts.The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! She is picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All she asks is to link back to her blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.
Favorite Edition / Covers of the Harry Potter Books
All the covers on my shelf are the American hardcover editions.
What I love about them:
- They clearly convey that they are books that children can enjoy.
- Harry "grows" through the covers.
- The Sorcerer's Stone has Fluffy in the background as well as the Forbidden Forest and a galloping unicorn with Dumbledore on the back.
- The Chamber of Secrets showcases snakes on the column, Fawkes, and has the trio together (Ron and Hermione on the back) with Mrs. Norris.
- The Prisoner of Azkaban cover not only has Buckbeak with Harry and Hermoine, but Sirius in the shadows, a stag patronus (Padfoot), a rat (Wormtail), and the werewolf running across the grounds (Moony). There is also a dementor lurking behind Harry.
- The Goblet of Fire has a maze, the champions, an acromantula, and my favorite the Beauxbaton's carriage
- The Order of the Phoenix shows the circular room and has Lupin, Tonks, and Mad-eye on the back
- The Prisoner of Azkaban has Dumbledore and Harry at the pensieve, the Dark Mark and the trio
- The Deathly Hallows has the battle with Harry on the front and Voldy on the back
What I don't like about them:
- The first four feel like they are done by a different artist even though I don't believe they were
- There's not a lot of uniformity other than the title font face
Now, when the 15th Anniversary Editions came out, I swooned a bit. I would love to own both sets of editions.
Here's what I love about these:
- The title fonts all look the same
- The main focus of the images show in the same place on every cover
- The scenes depicted are fantastically chosen
- The Sorcerer's Stone cover showcases Harry and Hagrid in Diagon Alley
- The Chamber of Secrets has The Burrow with the Ford Anglia and Hedwig
- The Prisoner of Azkaban has a beautiful picture of the stag patronus and a dementor
- The Goblet of Fire has Harry riding on his broom with the golden egg and the Horntail
- The Order of the Phoenix has thestrals! with the castle in the background
- The Half-Blood Prince has the scene on the rock with Dumbledore and Harry
- The Deathly Hallows has the trio riding on the dragon
What are your favorite editions? Even if you haven't read the series, do you have a favorite cover?
Post a Comment
I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!