Saturday, February 23, 2013

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon: Interview with Reflections of a Bookaholic


The Book Blogger Love-a-Thon is hosted by Kate's Tales of Books and Bands and Alexa Loves Books. It is a day dedicated to giving love to some of your favorite book blogs. 

Reflections of a Bookaholic
I am proud to have with me today Alexis from Reflections of a Bookaholic.

Interview:

JC: How long have you been blogging and what made you start?

Alexis: I’ve been blogging since January 1, 2012.  Wait.  Since January 1, 2011.  I actually had to go look it up.  It feels like I just started yesterday.  It is weird really how time flies.

So I used to vent to my husband about books that I didn’t like.  He doesn’t read for fun and he was kind of tired of listening to me complain.  One day, the hubby suggested I start a blog  “or something” so I could talk about books.  I thought it was a fantastic idea and when I started to look into it, I realized that there were tons of book bloggers out there and I wouldn’t be weird or anything.  So I went for it.

JC: Who are some of your favorite authors?

Alexis: I don’t really have a favorite author.  It’s weird because I feel like I’m an anomaly in that.

JC: What are a few things on your bucket list?

Alexis: Gah!  Bucket List.  I want to go to travel to another country.  I haven’t done that at an adult age.  I want to really enjoy it.  I really haven’t thought about it much other than that.

JC: Describe what your book shelf looks like?

Alexis: I wish I was at home because I’d take a picture (I’m a traveling fool).  My bookshelf is in a stage of turmoil because I’m in the process of mailing books across every which way.  I have sticky notes telling me where to send things and mailing envelopes stacked on top of books.  I have bags and bags of books in front of my book case waiting to earn a spot onto the shelves.  A picture would be so much better.

JC: What are your thoughts on books turned to movies?

Alexis: I love them!  Not because they are better than the book or anything.  I feel like the movies demonstrate that books are simply the best entertainment.   The best movies come from books and they aren’t even as good as the real thing.  

JC: What are some tips that you would offer to other bloggers?

Alexis: Network.  Network.  Network.  The best part of blogging is the fun you have interacting with other bloggers.  Blogging gets tough and stressful sometimes.   It’s easy to get burnt out but relationships with other bloggers will get you through it.  Don’t wait for them to come to your blog, go to theirs.  Make friends!  That’s my biggest tip, I think.

JC: Coffee? Tea? Soda? Or Hot Chocolate?

Alexis: Coffee & Tea: Coffee on days where I need to just get through the day (or life) and Tea on days I need to relax and enjoy life.

Thank you, Alexis, for answering a few of my questions :)
Everyone, head on over to Reflections of a Bookaholic to check out her blog and to see the interview that she did with me.

12 comments:

  1. Such great questions and answers! I particularly love the part about books turned to movies! I feel like such an oddball because I tend to love them (even if they are different from the book) because like she said, they are an example of why the book is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! It's great to have that new experience :D Thank you so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand why she started blogging. The only one that likes to read as much as me is my little cousin but we don't read the same things. The others look at me like 'you're really going to start talking about another book?' so I don't anymore, I found book blogs. I guess I should look at movies like that and maybe I wont hate the ones that are really different lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaclyn, I just wanted to stop in and tell you how awesome you are. I'm so glad we were paired and I found another awesome blog! My interview is up (sorry it was late). Traveling means inconsistent internet and I didn't realize it hadn't posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree, networking is the most important and best part of blogging. Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for letting me know. I enjoyed working with you on this and getting to know you better. I'm going to go check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I know a lot of people hate movies because they aren't accurate depictions, but I agree with her. It's a new experience for me too and she's right about movies showing what books are the best entertainment. Thank you so much for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think so too :D My answer was slightly different, but close. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do agree, chatting away with others. It's part of why we all blog, and great way to find new book buddies. :) Great to meet you Alexis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say that without Alexis my blog would not exist at all. She was a great help and encourager! I had no idea that is why she started blogging. Great interview and after reading your interview on her site I am shocked you haven't been blogging for years. You have a great number of reader which means you are doing a fanatic job as a blogger! Congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It certainly is! Thank you so much for stopping by both interviews - I really appreciate it :D Gotta love that Dr. Pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that's so sweet, thank you very much! I have been enjoying it a lot and the people that I get to talk to. Alexis was so fun to meet and interview. She knows her stuff and it's fantastic to hear how much she helped you out. We vampire fans need to stick together! Thank you very much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!