Thursday, December 13, 2012

Feature & Follow [3]



This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: Activity! What is the last book that made you cry? Tell us about the scene...

MY ANSWER: Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires #13) by Rachel Caine

This scene has some spoilers for those that are currently reading this series so please skip down to the comments if you don't want to have any spoilers.

Scene:
Shane's arms went around her. It was slow, and tentative, and done in complete silence. He pulled her closer and closer, until she was pressed against him, back to front. His lips pressed a slow, soft burning kiss on the soft tender skin at the back of her neck.
"I know you didn't ask me," he said. "I know you may not want me to go. But I'm going to Boston, and I'll be there when you need me. You don't have to say anything. I know I have to earn your trust back. It's okay."
She caught her breath, sighed, and felt her heart break all over again, in a whole new and beautiful way.



Goodreads Summary:
For years, the human and vampire residents of Morganville, Texas, have managed to co-exist in peace. But now that the threat to the vampires has been defeated, the human residents are learning that the gravest danger they face is the enemy within…

Thanks to the eradication of the parasitic creatures known as the draug, the vampires of Morganville have been freed of their usual constraints. With the vampires indulging their every whim, the town’s human population is determined to hold on to their lives by taking up arms. But college student Claire Danvers isn’t about to take sides, considering she has ties to both the humans and the vampires.

To make matters worse, a television show comes to Morganville looking for ghosts, just as vampire and human politics collide. Now, Claire and her friends have to figure out how to keep the peace without ending up on the nightly news… or worse.

What about yours??



29 comments:

  1. OH I see why that made you cry .

    Happy Holidays!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. I haven't even read this series and that scene gave me feelings!! I can totally see why you'd cry while reading that. Must start this series soon!

    new follower :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog last week- sorry it took me so long to reply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read that one. i'll have to check it out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite an emotional scene! I still haven't checked out The Morganville Vampires, but I really want to.

    New GFC follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to read this series for awhile. I love the covers! New follower via GFC Witchy Reviews FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I'm getting this for christmas! I had to quickly scroll away from your description of the scene there! lol
    I absolutely love this series!
    New follower via GFC
    Samantha @ The Secret Life of a Bookworm
    My
    FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica@a GREAT readDecember 14, 2012 at 4:29 AM

    I keep meaning to start this series, but it's so hard to do with all the reads I have left and then seeing how far along this series is!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't blame you. It gets really hard to start one that is so big when you have so many on your list! I started reading this one when there were only four out. I do hope it makes it to your hand one day though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The covers are great! Thank you for stopping by - I'm on my way to yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry. I'm putting a disclaimer on there right now. I forgot about it being a little spoilery. Thank you so much for stopping by and following. I am visiting yours as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you do get to this series. Thank you so much for stopping by - I am heading over to yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. =) Thank you so much. Don't sweat it, I appreciate you returning the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. To you as well! Thank you for stopping by. I will head on over to yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not read that one yet, but I just added it to my TBR pile!

    New Follower: http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-and-follow-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great! Heading over to see yours now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read this series but can't find the time. good pick though!

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-and-follow-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read this series, but the scene sure is good! Good answer. :)

    New follower here! :)

    Here's my Feature & Follow Friday post.

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds very intense.

    http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nina @ Project Read and ReviewDecember 14, 2012 at 1:36 PM

    I need to get my hands on book four, I'm reading this series so slowly! All my friend's have been saying how good it is - I guess I'd better hurry up and read! New follower :D

    Check out my FF and the New Year, News Books! giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  20. I liked this series, I don't know why I stopped reading them.

    Thanks for stopping by My FF
    Old Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I understand that completely. Thank you so much for stopping by! Heading on over to yours...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for stopping by - I am going to check out your FF

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you! I will certainly be over to check yours out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all things paranormal, and this is one series I haven't read yet, but I want too!! Need more time!!

    Thanx for visiting my FF!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal
    Palace

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't read this yet, it looks good

    New Follower
    Super New Blogger
    http://myurbanfantasies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know we never have enough time to get to all the great books out there for us! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!