This is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows.The idea is to share a favorite moment, magical item, character, spell, quote, object from the books, films or J.K.Rowling herself! Click the links to the blogs to see how to join up & upcoming topics.
What is your favorite ship?
My favorite ship is Ron and Hermione.
Throughout the story, there were clues littered everywhere that Ron was interested in Hermione as more than a friend, even if he didn't know it himself. He's the first to jump up and defend her honor every time someone does something to Hermione. They argue like a married couple all the time. The jealousy they showed towards others was also hilarious in my opinion.
The clues were there all along:
- Ron immediately curses Malfoy when he calls Hermione “Mudblood” even with his wand being damaged
- Ron’s jealous of Hermione’s crush on Gilderoy Lockhart
- Ron is the first to shout that Hermione is ok after they are told that the students were unpetrified
- Hermione is devastated when her and Ron aren’t talking and he’s attacked by Sirius Black (even though there is nothing physically wrong with him)
- They enjoy their time in Hogsmeade alone
- When Harry joins them in Hogsmeade later, Hermione mentions that Ron fancies Rosmerta
- Hermione hugs Ron and cries when he tells her she won’t have to work on the Buckbeak case alone after he hadn’t been talking to her about Scabbers
- Hermione understands why Ron’s having the reaction he had after Harry’s name comes out of the Goblet of Fire
- Ron adores Victor Krum until he becomes jealous of him taking Hermione to the Yule Ball
- Hermione tells Ron that he should’ve just asked her then (meaning she would have said yes)
- Hermione is jealous of Fleur and Ron’s obsession with her
- Ron and Hermione again spend a lot of time alone together during their summer at Grimmauld Place
- Hermione confunds McLaggen at Keeper tryouts
- Ron shows further increasing jealousy at Hermione still being in contact with Victor Krum and the thought that they may have kissed
- Hermione becomes incredibly emotional with Ron begins dating Lavender
- Hermione was going to ask Ron to the Slug Club Christmas party…then after he begins dating Lavender takes McLaggen instead as that is who will upset Ron the most
- Hermione is deeply affected when Ron leaves Harry and Hermione during Deathly Hallows
From the way I see it, Harry was never attracted to Hermione and Hermione was never attracted to Harry. Harry and Hermione on their own…are boring. Yes, I said it. Every time Ron is out of the picture, and it’s those two, they are so serious. Even Harry said, “There was much less laughter, and a lot more hanging around in the library when Hermione was your best friend”. The truth is, the Weasleys made them laugh, break out of their shell more, and in turn they were just happier when with the Weasleys. Hermione and Ron are seamless when they spend time alone and so are Harry and Ginny. It’s mentioned numerous times throughout the series that Hermione is like Mrs. Weasley, and people tend to look for romantic partners similar to their parents if they admire them. Hermione supports Ron's ambitions and makes him want to do better. She admires Ron and I believe in their little bubble he often feels like her Chosen One.
After seeing all the clues and the buildup of this relationship, it was incredibly satisfying to see it come to fruition. That’s why I pick this ship over the others.
“This isn’t your average book,” said Ron. “It’s pure gold: Twelve Fail-Safe Ways To Charm Witches. Explains everything you need to know about girls. If only I’d had this last year I’d have known exactly how to get rid of Lavender and I would’ve known how to get going with… Well, Fred and George gave me a copy, and I’ve learned a lot. You’d be surprised, it’s not all about wandwork, either.”
Which was your favorite ship?