Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sidekick Showcase [64] - Book Boyfriends


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

For the month of February, we're gonna go down the romance path and select characters that are romantic or just plain hot. Let's celebrate our book boyfriends and the protagonist's love interests.

If you haven't stopped by my Blogaversary Giveaway, Please Do!

OK this one is the one I got lost in.


My choice is Curran Lennart
Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews


Curran - The Beast Lord. Why do I love Curran so much? Well, the fact that just making the post had me lost for hours back in the books should tell you something. He is very much the Alpha male and will do anything to protect his pack and loved ones. He says some pretty surprising and blunt things, but he can because he's The Beast Lord. Kate, however, is not amused that everyone bends to his will and she will not be so easily swayed. One of my favorite things about him is how much he loves to tease Kate. Their banter and the dialogue is top notch. I've probably gone overboard on the quotes because they can show you why he's Grade A so much better than I can.

I worked so hard on a picture for him, and still am not happy with any of them. I see him as a mixture of Chris Hemsworth, David Beckham, and Brad Pitt aged to 31. How do you put that into a picture?? I'm really sad about this. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get a picture that I like drawn.

Thank you Jennifer Bielman for the glowing reviews that got me to read this series! It's definitely one of my favorites.


Quotes:



“His Majesty needs a can-I girl anyway. And I'm not it."
"A can-I girl?" Andrea frowned.
I leaned back. "'Can I fetch your food, Your Majesty? Can I tell you how strong and mighty you are, Your Majesty? Can I pick your fleas, Your Majesty? Can I kiss your ass, Your Majesty? Can I..." It dawned on me that Raphael was sitting very still. Frozen, like a statue, his gaze fixed on the point above my head. "He's standing behind me, isn't he?" Andrea nodded slowly.

"Technically it should be 'may I'," Curran said, his voice deeper than I remembered. "Since you're asking for permission."
Why me?
"To answer your question, yes, you may kiss my ass. Normally I prefer to maintain my personal space, but you're a Friend of the Pack and your services have proven useful once or twice. I strive to accommodate the wishes of persons friendly to my people. My only question is, would kissing my ass be obeisance, grooming, or foreplay?"



“The phone rang. I picked it up.
“Are you sitting down?” Curran's voice asked.
“Yes.”
“Good.”
Click.

I listened to the disconnect signal. If he wanted me to sit, then I'd stand. I got up. The chair got up with me and I ended up bent over my desk, with the chair stuck to my butt. I grabbed the edge of the chair and tried to pull it off. It remained stuck.

I would murder him. Slowly. And I'd enjoy every second of it.”



“I said, I know why you’re afraid to fight with me.”
"And why is that?” If he flexed again, I’d have to implement emergency measures. Maybe I could kick some sand at him or something. Hard to look hot brushing sand out of your eyes.
"You want me.”
Oh boy.
"You can’t resist my subtle charm, so you’re afraid you’re going to make a spectacle out of yourself.”
"You know what? Don’t talk to me.”



“I think you’re confused as to the nature of our relationship. You and I, we don’t get along. You’re a psychopathic control freak. You order me around and I want to kill you. I’m a pigheaded insubordinate ass. I drive you mad and you want to strangle me.”



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG Curran is mine so I think it is time we duke it out! hehehehahah. I love that you love him as much as me. I swear I could read about him AAALLLLL DAYYYY. The quotes! Yesss. My fav ever though, between Curran and Kate was "Here, kitty, kitty." Best. Line. Ever. I kinda want to get a tattoo of it, is that not crazy?
    I think those three guys are a perfect mixture of Curran. I think Hemsworth will have the most features similar to Curran for sure. I want to see the picture though!!!
    Thanks for the mention girl.
    Oh, and yes, the dialogue for the whole series is to die for. I want real life to be that funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *ha* Curran made my list but I wondered if you'd use him, Jaclyn. I ended up going with someone else. :) You'll get the picture done eventually. It'll come... :)

    I can absolutely see why you got lost here! Curran - I love him!! I love him and Kate together. They're so much fun. The banter between them...I don't know if there's any better, really. You know I love the snark and I'm not sure there's a couple who do it better...


    I started this series in 2009 or 2010 at the suggestion of a co-worker. And I've always been glad I didn't miss out on the greatness that is the Andrews. Have you read their Edge series?!?


    Have a great weekend, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quotes made me laugh and swoon all over again. You're the one who told me more than once I had to read this series and you also gave one of the books 6 stars! I have to read this series again soon. I'm catching up on all the novellas right now and I have The Edge series waiting for me...in April (I just decided).


    Sadness about the drawing not meeting your expectations. I bet you love Curran just too much and it's clouding the creative process. Solution? Give him to me. I'll take good care of him. I hope you're having a great weekend, Jaclyn! Great sidekick pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh LOL I graciously concede since he was your's first ;) I do love him though.


    I LOVE the kitty, kitty quote. I don't think it's crazy to want a tattoo of that, but I feel like that's one you would have to explain all the time. Good conversation starter though.


    I will definitely still be working on this picture. It's driving me crazy that I can't get it right, so I'll keep at it until a great one comes. I had this problem with Trent too. I really didn't like my pic of him.


    You're right - if the Andrews could write the dialogue of my whole life, I'd be laughing all the time. Plus, who wouldn't want the witty come-backs that they come up with? Thanks so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course! LOL. I'm stopping by your's now to see who you've gotten. I really hope it does :) Thanks for the confidence! They do banter like no one else, that's for sure. I put the Edge series on my to-read list when you recommended it to me on another post I did. I hadn't heard of it at that time, but I'm definitely looking to get to it now :D Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, and I'm sooooo glad that you love it :D You've passed me, and I really have to get caught up. I want to read the Edge series too.


    I think you've certainly nailed the problem since I had the same issues with Trent. The only reason I was able to do Daemon was because there's a model (Pepe) that's portraying him on the covers. I've never pictured him any differently. I don't have a picture of Bones yet either. I guess book boyfriends are actually the hardest for me to draw.


    I think you'll definitely have to battle Jennifer if you want Curran :D She's had him a long time LOL.


    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this one but he sounds great. Mine is Bodee from Faking Normal

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Faking Normal, but the cover is fantastic! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not familiar with this series, but Curran does sound swoon-worthy and you know I love alpha-males as much as you do :)
    Have a great day, Jaclyn.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, you would go there. lol. Can't agree with this choice more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, you would LOVE Curran! I hope you pick this one up. It's sooooo good :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course, hehehe. I'm glad you agree with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do realize my kindle is all but bursting at the seams with all the books I've just had to buy, but have no time reading yet, right? :P I have it on my 'might-read-one-day' list, though :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!