Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:
• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well
For May let's honor thy Mother. We'll choose some awesome moms and also those characters that are mom-like or mentor-like that are females for Mother's Day May :D
My choice is Esme Cullen
The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
Esme is one of the gentlest, nurturing characters I've seen especially in a book about vampires. Not able to have children of her own, she is the adoptive mother of Alice, Jasper, Edward, Rosalie, and Emmett. She has a fierce love for her family and those that they bring into it. She consistently does all she can to see that they are happy as well as safe. She also tries her best to feed and clothe the werewolves while knowing that they don't like her.
“Edward can do everything, right?" I explained.
Jasper snickered and Esme gave Edward a reproving look.
"I hope you haven't been showing off-it's rude," she scolded.
"Just a bit," he laughed freely.
"He's been too modest actually," I corrected.
"Well, play for her," Esme encouraged.
"You just said showing off was rude," he objected.
"There are exceptions to every rule," she replied.
“Love doesn't always come in convenient packages.”
"You're what he wants. It will work out, somehow."
"I already consider you a part of the family."
"I'd like to thank Renée and Charlie for bringing such a wonderful person into the world, and into our lives. We will cherish and protect her forever."
"If Carlisle was the soul of our family, then Esme was the heart."