Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Harry Potter Moment of the Week [23] - Favorite Harry Moment


This is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts.The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! She is picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All she asks is to link back to her blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.

Favorite Harry Moment


The first wonderful Harry moment that pops up for me is in a choice that he made. 

Horace Slughorn came out of retirement to teach at Hogwarts. He was well known to hand-pick students that he saw particular talent in and brought them all together to be a part of the Slug Club. He boasts about former Slug Club members being exceptionally well-off and leaders in their fields. Naturally, he does all he can to recruit "the boy who lived". 

When Slughorn threw a Christmas party that Harry couldn't get out of, he has to invite someone quickly because Romilda Vane is heading a group of girls all set on slipping Harry a love potion. He can't take his first choice, so he invites Luna Lovegood.

Harry: "We’re supposed to bring guests, so I thought you might like…I mean…just as friends, you know. But if you don’t want to…"
Luna: "Oh no, I’d love to go with you as friends! Nobody’s ever asked me to a party before, as a friend! Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? Should I dye mine too?"
Harry: "No. That was a mistake. I’ll get Hermione to put it right for me. So I’ll meet you in the entrance hall at eight o’clock."

I was grinning so much during this scene. Particularly because the eye-brow bit is hilarious, but also because friendship is treasured by Luna. She is the one person he could've invited that would truly appreciate the gesture of friendship that it held.


What's your favorite "Harry" moment??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!