Friday, May 10, 2013

Sidekick Saturday [22] - Fiery

Sidekick Saturday
Sidekick Saturday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type
• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment

Saturday the 18th - Loyal
Saturday the 25th - Bad Turned Good

This week is Fiery

My choice is Christian Ozera
The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Christian Ozera Picture Created by Jaclyn Canada

Christian is my favorite Moroi in the Vampire Academy world hands down beside Adrian. Usually, readers like the same  people that the main character does, but Rose can't stand Christian in the beginning of the series. Yet, I've always loved him. He goes against the grain, stands up for what he believes in, takes care of his girl, and eventually becomes a fierce friend. With the power of fire and a temper to match, he and Rose take down a lot of Strigoi. Just don't cross him and he will do anything for you, but if you are a Strigoi you better watch your step because he will break laws to take you down.
Quotes:


"I love pity parties. I wish I'd brought the hats. What do you want to mope about first? How it's going to take you a whole day to be popular and loved again? How you'll have to wait a couple weeks before Hollister can ship out some new clothes? If you spring for rush shipping, it might not be so long.”






"Hey, I spend a good portion of my time helping you unravel the mysteries of spirit," Adrian reminded her. "And," he added, "I can visit people in their dreams."
Christian held up a hand. "Stop. I can feel there's a comment coming on about how women already dream about you. I just ate, you know."
"I wasn't going to go there," said Adrian. But he kind of looked like he wished he'd thought of the joke first.







Ralf burst into flames.
I jumped up and pushed Lissa out of the way—not easy to do, since we were sitting at our desks. We both ended up on the floor as screams—Ralf's in particular—filled the classroom and Ms. Meissner sprinted for the fire extinguisher. And then, just like that, the flames disappeared. Ralf was still screaming and patting himself down, but he didn't have a single singe mark on him. The only indication of what had happened was the lingering smell of smoke in the air. For several seconds, the entire classroom froze. Then, slowly, everyone put the pieces together. Moroi magical specializations were well known, and after scanning the room, I deduced three fire users: Ralf, his friend Jacob, and—Christian Ozera. Since neither Jacob nor Ralf would have set Ralf on fire, it sort of made the culprit obvious. The fact that Christian was laughing hysterically sort of gave it away too.







“Well, you've finally got a license to kill. It's about time." I turned and met the amused eyes of Christian Ozera, a onetime annoyance who'd become a good friend. So good, in fact, that in my joyous zeal, I reached out and hugged him--something he clearly didn't expect. I was surprising everyone today.
"Whoa, whoa, " he said backing up, flushing. "It figures. You're the only girl who'd get all emotional about the thought of killing."








“I don't remember you being this reasonable before, " Lissa said.
"It's because everyone has different definitions of 'reasonable. ' Mine's just misunderstood, that's all. " Christian's voice was lofty.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE your pick this week!!! Now I want to read VA all over again. It doesn't help that I recently finished The Indigo Spell and I miss the VA Universe. You found awesome quotes/scenes. I'm with you about always liking Christian. There was a brief moment when I thought he was being a tool, but I was rooting for him. I'm still thinking away on this one. Have a great weekend, Jaclyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, got to always bring hats to pity parties. hehe. This guy sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christian, he's a really good choice for today :) Thanks for already picking the next two Sidekick Saturday themes, that will help a lot!
    I hope you're having a great weekend, Jaclyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christian! His squabbling with Rose always made me laugh, and I loved how protective he was of Lissa. Awesome illustration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhoho! Perfect choice for fiery, Jaclyn! Christian is definitely a favorite of mine! And I love your image of him. You're quite talented! :) I also enjoyed all your quotes...he's such a snarky guy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The illustration is so well done..I could see him being the darkling from Shadow and Bone as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you :D Yes he definitely had the ability to be a tool, but he picked it back up nicely. I was quite proud of him - I don't think his girl was an easy one to love. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you will get a kick out of Christian :D He has a lot more great one-liners that I wasn't able to find and he has a great banter with Rose and Andrian. Richelle Mead makes men my favorite characters for sure. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will try and make a monthly schedule from now on to make it easier for everyone. That way if I get caught up at work you guys will already have it :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He and Rose had a great friendship. I love relationships that work that way, but in this case it was a friendship instead of a romantic one. It's always fun to watch someone's armor fall and grow to accept someone. The two of them caught in the situations they were though - they couldn't help finally becoming friends. Especially because they both always put Lissa first. Thank you so much for the compliment and stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you like the snark as well. I am always drawn to those characters. Thank you so much - I thought he fit rather well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah thank you :D I really want to read Shadow and Bone, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I will be picturing this image now I'm sure though ;) Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep forgetting to ask, How do you vote for the shirt?

    I love your drawings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh thank you :D I really appreciate it. Some fellow bloggers have purchased from shirt woot before - you have to have bought from there before and you just sign-in and there is a button above the design that says 'I'd want one'. I am not asking anyone to purchase anything though. Only if you have in the past, or want to shop there.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!