Thursday, January 26, 2017

Harry Potter Moment of the Week [120]


This is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows.The idea is to share a favorite moment, magical item, character, spell, quote, object from the books, films or J.K.Rowling herself! Click the links to the blogs to see how to join up &  upcoming topics.

I hope everyone is fantastic! I've been busy this week with work and some school events for Zane. I'm hoping to get some relaxing in this weekend.

Which character do you think should have been played by a different actor?



We've discussed and appear to agree that the change of Dumbledore from Richard Harris to Michael Gambin had quite an impact on the character and how far he appeared to stray during The Goblet of Fire.

Other than that, can we all agree that the casting for the movies was spectacular? Especially for Bellatrix and McGonagall, I could not imagine better actresses to portray them.

So, let's talk about another one that bothers me more on aesthetics. Ginny Weasley. Now, let me be clear, I am a Bonnie Wright fan. I feel like she was an excellent actress and a beautiful girl. I DO think they did not do her character any justice in the films, but I digress. What bothered me was minor and it's the fact that she's taller than Harry. Of course girls can date guys shorter than them and vice versa, but Ginny was specifically described as short and that Harry was taller than her. So nothing show stopping or that they could've predicted while going in, but it would've fit the character better for her to have been portrayed by a shorter actress.

Which would you choose? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!