Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Harry Potter Moment of the Week [14]


This is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts.The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! She is picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All she asks is to link back to her blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.

Favorite Potion


*** Felix Felicis ***

I would definitely try and brew me up some Liquid Luck. Won by Harry in potions class, he uses it to extract a much-needed memory from Professor Slughorn, but my favorite result of the use has to be Dean and Ginny splitting up. I also really enjoyed the fake-dosing that Harry gave to Ron so he could play Quidditch. Later it was used by Ginny, Hermione, and Ron against Death Eaters that invade Hogwarts, but unfortunately that's not shown in the movies.

Felix has to be used sparingly because it can create excessive cockiness and giddiness. It also can't be used for sporting events or elections. I love the thought of everything I try to do being successful for a short period of time though.

What's your favorite potion? Or would you want a day with Felix as well?



.

8 comments:

  1. I so can't remember the potions or spells. OMG, I am losing my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY we picked the same one ^^ some liquid luck sounds like it would be a dead useful thing to have stored away in a bottle somewhere in the house, right?! And those scenes where Harry uses it, or when gives it away to others (or pretends to!) are among my favorite from HBP ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh totally forgot Harry helped crack Dean and Ginny's relationship. Sneaky... :D I almost picked F but changed my mind at the last moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It happens. I've read the books AND watched the movies both a dozen times over. The movies hardly touch on Felix much at all and it's the neatest potion there is. It's in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely :D I love how much this little potion gets shared through the book even the fake sharing. I would definitely work my hardest to brew this one correctly so I could have a tiny stash for a rainy day. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was really great since that's why Harry was stalling taking the potion in the first place. He wanted a shot with Ginny. It ended up helping him out along the way :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooo we picked the same one! I'd love a little Liquid Luck at times. I really like how Rowling showed consequences as well though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right! Me too. Balances things out and makes it believable that you can't take it everyday :D Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!