Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Harry Potter Moment of the Week [17]


This is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts.The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! She is picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All she asks is to link back to her blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.

Favorite Sweet Treat in the Books


Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans

Zane and I picked up some of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans since we are Jelly Belly fans. Check out some of these flavors that are really available through Jelly Belly: Banana, Black Pepper, Blueberry, Booger, Candyfloss, Cherry, Cinnamon, Dirt, Earthworm, Earwax, Grass, Green Apple, Marshmallow, Rotten Egg, Sausage, Lemon, Soap, Tutti-Fruitti, Vomit, Watermelon. I think Dirt was actually the grossest that I had and Marshmallow was my favorite. I don't believe I got one of the Rotten Eggs or Vomit flavored ones though which seem like they would be incredibly terrible.

“A bag of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. "You want to be careful with those," Ron warned Harry. "When they say every flavor, they mean every flavor - you know, you get all the ordinary ones like chocolate and peppermint and marmalade, but then you can get spinach and liver and tripe. George reckons he had a booger-flavored one once."
Ron picked up a green bean, looked at it carefully, and bit into a corner.
"Bleaaargh - see? Sprouts.”

“Ah! Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans! I was unfortunate enough in my youth to come across a vomit-flavored one, and since then I’m afraid I’ve rather lost my liking for them — but I think I’ll be safe with a nice toffee, don’t you?”
He smiled and popped the golden-brown bean into his mouth.
“Alas! Ear wax!” - Dumbledore

7 comments:

  1. OMG, YESSSSS. I actually at Jelly Belly's version too. you forgot buggers! That was the grossest. Though vomit was pretty bad. I had so much fun with these jelly beans and giving the to other people without them know what they were. Buwahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought it would be fun to try these, but I'm afraid of getting one of the less tasty flavors, like Vomit or Booger, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Dirt being nasty and Black Pepper being pretty horrible, but I can't remember having a Booger, Vomit, or Rotten Eggs. Maybe those are the flavors Zane got? I don't know for sure LOL but I feel pretty lucky that I didn't have them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right! It's easier when you are expecting the crazy nasty flavors and can follow it up with something really good. It's a lot of fun to try them out. I can't believe they actually made them, but I'm so glad they did :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think about the H.P. jelly beans every time I see jelly beans in the store. I would be too scared to eat the gross ones. Come on, earthworm? Vomit? Ack!! I love that you and Zane have this mutual love of all things Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *ha* Love it! I'm with Robyn, though. I don't know if I could eat the gross ones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marshmallow sounds yummy, but what if I get soap or earwax or vomit?? *yuck* :D I think I'll just stick to non magical candies :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!