Thursday, January 29, 2015

Harry Potter Moment of the Week [51]


This is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts.The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! She is picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All she asks is to link back to her blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.

  Best Joke from the Series


Hands down:

"WHY ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO?
YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO
THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!"

Honorable Mentions:

Dudley: They stuff people's heads down the toilet the first day at Stonewall. Want to come upstairs and practice?
Harry: No, thanks. The poor toilet's never had anything as horrible as your head down it -- it might be sick.

Ron: Can you believe our luck? Of all the trees we could've hit, he had to get one that hits back.


Draco: Sure you can manage that broom, Potter?
Harry: Yeah, reckon so
Draco: Got plenty of special features, hasn't it? Shame it doesn't come with a parachute-in case you get too near a Dementor. (Crabbe and Goyle sniggered)
Harry: Pity you can't attach an extra arm to yours, Malfoy. Then it could catch the Snitch for you.


Professor Trelawney: Would anyone like me to help interpret the shadowy realms within their orb?
Ron (whispering to Harry): I don't need help. It's obvious what this means. There's going to be loads of fog tonight.


Fred Weasley: Anyone can speak Troll, All you have to do is point and grunt.


Percy: I shudder to think what the state of my in-tray would be if I was away from work for five days.
Fred: Yeah, someone might slip dragon dung in it again, eh, Perce?
Percy: That was a sample of fertilizer from Norway! It was nothing personal!
Fred (whispering to Harry): It was. We sent it.



Fred: He can run faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo.


What is your favorite joke from the series?


18 comments:

  1. LOL oh you picked some good ones Jaclyn^^ Just thinking about Mrs Weasley's reaction to U-NO-POO cracks me right up! And I love when sassy Harry burns Malfoy about catching the Snitch :D And Ron's 'prediction' of fog? Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the twins jokes and Rons jokes as well :) this series is so funny and dark in the same time :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, yeah, that was such an AMAZING moment in the book, and your Honorable mentions are wonderful picks too! The jokes in this series are like candy, you can't have just one! Here's my HP MOTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely the best ever!

    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE U-NO-POO!!!! ahhh, that's so funny omg

    ReplyDelete
  6. The twins had so many hilarious lines in the books; I wish that all of them could have been included in the films. I bet JKR had a ton of fun writing their dialogue! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. lmao I loved all of these! I can't remember specific dialogue but I loved when Ron and Harry were all smitten with the Veela that came in for the competition in book 4--and Hermione was just so annoyed with them acting like doofy lovesick idiots lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. U-NO-POO keeps me laughing every time I think about and you're right, part of the reason it was so funny was because of Molly's reaction to it! I love the antics they got up to in Divination. I feel like that blow off class was there for more humor-inducing moments than anything else :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely left out the 'holy' joke from the last one. I rather enjoyed that exchange when Fred says out of all the jokes about holes, and you go with Saint-like LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for stopping by and following!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exactly! I couldn't pick just one and there are so many more great ones too that I didn't even talk about :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's the first joke to pop in my head every single time. I would actually make a poster of it to hang in my bathroom...that's how sad it is and how much I love that one LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love that too! It made me sad that none of the Veela stuff was in the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely! She got the words of wisdom with Dumbledore, but the hilarious moments with the twins for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!