Thursday, March 28, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday [16] - Emotional Scenes


Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - This week's feature is: Insightful Mind Reviews and Book Sniffers Anonymous
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: Tell us about the most emotional scene you've ever read in a book - and how did you react?


It's very hard for me to describe the most emotional scene without huge spoilers. I will say that some of the most emotional books that I have read so far were Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3) and Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4). If you happened to have read these, you will understand why they were so tough and emotional. Richelle Mead isn't afraid to hit hard and bring you to tears. She takes characters away from you even if you love them. See the summaries of these books below.

A couple of other really emotional scenes for me include Dobby in Harry Potter and the ending of The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa.

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3) by Richelle Mead

Published: November 13, 2008 Razorbill
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Goodreads Summary
It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.

As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line - and choose between the two people she loves most.



Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4) by Richelle Mead

Published: August 25, 2009 Razorbill
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Goodreads Summary
Rose Hathaway's life will never be the same.

The recent attack on St. Vladimir's Academy devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead. And, for the few victims carried off by Strigoi, their fates are even worse. A rare tattoo now adorns Rose's neck, a mark that says she's killed far too many Strigoi to count. But only one victim matters . . . Dimitri Belikov. Rose must now choose one of two very different paths: honoring her life's vow to protect Lissa—her best friend and the last surviving Dragomir princess—or, dropping out of the Academy to strike out on her own and hunt down the man she loves. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to find Dimitri and keep the promise he begged her to make. But the question is, when the time comes, will he want to be saved?

Now, with everything at stake—and worlds away from St. Vladimir's and her unguarded, vulnerable, and newly rebellious best friend—can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri? Or, will she sacrifice herself for a chance at eternal love?


49 comments:

  1. The ending of Shadow Kiss made me cry. I just felt shattered and yeah it is a spoiler if I tell you which scene but you know what I'm talking about.

    Old Follower!

    Here's My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know exactly what you are talking about! I had such a hard time accepting it. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read the Iron King! And Dobby's burial was definitely a sob-fest for me! Good ones! Old follower. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I hope you enjoy it :D


    I'm glad I'm not the only one. That was definitely a tough one. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, The Vampire Academy is full of those moments! But you're right - completely impossible to be any more specific.

    Added you to bloglovin

    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have not read these but have definitely heard of them!

    new bloglovin follower!
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle @ Consuming WorldsMarch 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM

    I will be honest. I never got passed the first book in the series. But it is hard not to give spoilers! Old Follower new Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vampire Academy? Woah! I know it was really sad and all, but I didn't cry.. guess I must be heartless, huh? =)

    Feature & Follow
    The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right about Richelle Mead. It's like she makes you earn a happy ending by ripping our hearts out first. I was wrecked reading those books! Normally, I'm too wussy for that sort of thing, but I couldn't stop reading. Good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nooo, you scare me. I hate getting all emotional. I didn't know the vampire academy was like that in parts. Now I am scared.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessica@a GREAT readMarch 29, 2013 at 1:28 AM

    Ooh I so agree about those!! These two definitely had me getting emotional!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are so many emotional scenes, or maybe I cry all the time. I think I would choose the boy in the striped pajamas, it has an intense scene and the others you can just picture them because we all know what happened in real life back then. It is a very strong book, I've read it twice and I always end up crying and depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still haven't read Vampire Academy series! I really need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That moment between Harry Potter and Dobby is INDEED a very sad moment :(:(

    Here's my
    FF


    Enjoy your weekend!:)

    Florentine
    @ Readiculously
    Peachy



    I also have
    a Giveaway going on: $20 Amazon/Barnes & Nobles gift card and 6 Exclusive mugs :) Come check it out and participate to win :) You can also request a FREE E-Book :)here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you read the Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead? I couldn't get into the Vampire Academy series for some reason, but the spin off series I love!! I just feel like I can connect more with the characters. That probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but I really love the Bloodlines Series. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great choices, Jaclyn. I'd forgotten about how emotional Shadow Kissed and Blood Promise were...both they were both extremely emotional for me. :) And I love books that can evoke emotion like that. (as you've probably figured out! ;)
    Enjoy your weekend...it's sunny and warmer here. I think spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for stopping by and following :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! The first was my least favorite in the series. Thanks for following Bloglovin :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know that I don't usually ever cry while reading, and those got me there. Maybe you just weren't as attached to the characters. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I couldn't stop reading them either. Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't enjoy getting emotional either! Thankfully out of all 6 books there were only really emotional parts in these two and it carried some weight in the books making them pretty important.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Iron Queen is a great one :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh no, really? I hope you get to soon. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. After the 3rd one, I did the exact same thing and waited until the 6th one before I started reading again :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL I love yelling at books too :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sad! Thank you very much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Welcome to the F&F! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh I hope you get to. She's one of the authors that can really surprise me. Thank you so much for stopping by and following!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Me too :D Thank you so much for stopping by - Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really hope you get to...I bet you would enjoy them. Yes The Iron Queen definitely got to me. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hope you enjoy them when you do get to them! Have a wonderful weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Certainly! Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yes I am reading that series right now. I haven't read Indigo Spell yet, but it is on my shelf waiting for me! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yes LOL I don't really like to push myself emotionally but I really love how Mead can surprise me so much. So glad that you have gotten good weather! I hope you have a fantastic weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  36. Following you! :) Love this blog hop thing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi! Nice choices! I'm following you on Twitter.


    Silk Screen Views is new to the blog hop. It looks interesting and I’m looking forward to finding out fun blogs out there. To follow us, you can Follow via WordPress, Email, RSS, Twitter and Facebook. To get the latest updates for sure, I recommend Following by WordPress, Email or RSS.

    For my answer, I described a scene from Written in Red by Anne Bishop. You can read the answer here:
    http://silkscreenviews.wordpress.com/2013/04/02/feature-follow-friday-1/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hopping through. Yes, Shadow Kissed totally gets me. Glad it worked out by the last book!

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  39. I've been wanting to read The Vampire Academy for ages! I will have to read them soon! I agree with you on the ending of The Iron Queen, it was definitely emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've never read any of Richelle Mead's books! But I'm glad they invoke emotion! :D

    New GFC follower!

    Here is my FF post!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great pick, those are pretty emotional.

    New follower :) Here's my very first F&F : Maria's Bookshelf - F&F #1

    ReplyDelete
  42. I immediately thought of Dobby in Harry Potter, yes I cried.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The Vampire Academy series were really emotional for me also. It took me a long to finish the series. I was on a "waiting" for the next book kick -- but when I got to book 4 I actually stopped and didn't read book five until the last book came out. Great choice. Thanks for hopping. I followed you via Feedly -- but I think I'm going to have to check out Bloglovin now. XOXO - PJ

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love this series. I remember yelling at the books the first time around. I do like to go back an re-read them every once in a while when I can.

    Kristin @Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  45. One of my fave series, but yet to finish it.

    My Feature & Follow.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  46. VA and Dobby! *sigh* Oh yes. I haven't read The Iron Queen yet, need to finish of this series!

    Do stop by my FF.
    Old Follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!