Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday [14] - Crying is Healthy



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Teardrop by Lauren Kate



Publisher: October 22, 2013 Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy

Goodreads Summary

Never, ever cry. . . . Eureka Boudreaux's mother drilled that rule into her daughter years ago. But now her mother is gone, and everywhere Eureka goes he is there: Ander, the tall, pale blond boy who seems to know things he shouldn't, who tells Eureka she is in grave danger, who comes closer to making her cry than anyone has before.

But Ander doesn't know Eureka's darkest secret: ever since her mother drowned in a freak accident, Eureka wishes she were dead, too. She has little left that she cares about, just her oldest friend, Brooks, and a strange inheritance—a locket, a letter, a mysterious stone, and an ancient book no one understands. The book contains a haunting tale about a girl who got her heart broken and cried an entire continent into the sea. Eureka is about to discover that the ancient tale is more than a story, that Ander might be telling the truth . . . and that her life has far darker undercurrents than she ever imagined. From Lauren Kate comes an epic saga of heart-stopping romance, devastating secrets, and dark magic . . . a world where everything you love can be washed away.


16 comments:

  1. I liked Fallen, the new story she built for Angels was really cool. It seems like she creates amazing worlds, this looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica@a GREAT readFebruary 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

    Seeing this one a lot! Love the cover too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a new one to me, but it sounds good. the cover draws the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Fallen series too so I'm really looking forward to this one. I hope it is just a unique world. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I just saw it a couple of weeks ago for a giveaway and it really caught my eye. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cover! Such a unique twist on the girl in a dress. I'm a fan of her Fallen series so I'm looking forward to this one. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is new to me, but love the sound of it.

    Hope you get to read it soon!

    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy @ Somewhere Only We KnowFebruary 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM

    New follower! I've got to finish the Fallen series. I've got Passion in my possession but just haven't started it. Good pick! I love the cover!

    Check out my WOW.



    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the Fallen series. I hope you get back to them soon. I love this one's cover so much! Thank you for stopping by and following :D Heading over to yours...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, pretty cover and cool description! Thanks for sharing this new book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover!! The story sounds really interesting :) I'm definitely going to read this book as soon as it comes out. Here is My WoW
    :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover!! The story sounds really good, I will definitely read it as soon as it comes out :) Here is My WoW
    :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's an author I love - glad you enjoy :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover definitely draws you in - and that story line? I haven't heard anything like that one before. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm glad you are to! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I only read the first one, I hope I get to read the others soon and get to read this one as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!